Saturday, February 8, 2014

Super Bowl 2014

Last Sunday we had all of our friends over for the big game!
Some people have some chips, dip, pizza, buffalo wings...not me. I like to go all out for Super Bowl! 
Here is the invite that I created...

Yes, I was pretty proud of it...and the fact that I made it all by myself. :)

It's not a party without decorations...


Believe it or not, I already had most of the materials that I used to make my decorations. I always keep any of my decor items so that I can possibly reuse them...this party had a lot of recycled items.
I made the tissue poms, the green and yellow circles were left over from Landry's 2nd birthday party.


Mason jars and burlap runner were from my sister's bridal shower. I made the pennants with paper I already had. The footballs are upside down bowls that were purchased in a 2-pack at The Dollar Tree.


My "big splurge"...besides food...was the astro turf. Lowes sells it by the foot...for a little less than $5 per foot. The guy was pretty confused when I asked for 2 one foot strips. So much so that he reminded me that one foot was only 12 inches. :) He finally just asked what I was using two 1'x12' strips of turf for. He was a bit surprised when I told him it was for my Super Bowl Party decor. :)


Here is the kitchen and all of the yummies! I also made the goal posts...thanks to Pinterest for the idea. I was told that they will "need" to make appearances at next year's Fresno State tailgates. :)


I covered the counter with brown packing paper, that I already had, then the turf, food, goal posts...success!


You might remember that last year I did a hot dog bar. I love the idea of a food bar. This year, it was a chili bar! We had traditional chili and Brian's super delicious white bean/turkey chili. Seriously. It is amazing!


We had a TON of other snacks/treats to eat.



For some reason I didn't get pictures of the rest of the food. There were some "oldie but goodies" such as "Vince Lombardy Veggies," "First Down Fruit Salad," "Gridiron Guacamole," "Sack the Quarterback Salsa," "Blindside Brownie Bites," and "Chain Gang Chili Dip." We also enjoyed Sheri's famous "Pass, Punt, Kick Pasta Salad" and "Kick-off Cakes" - cupcakes.

Of course, it isn't really a Super Bowl Party until you have the betting squares.
This year I laminated our chart so that we can use it again and again. :)

Oh...and the team logos are completely removable.

Last year everyone learned...if you are a winner...you get your picture taken...just like at Table Mountain. :)

First quarter winner...

 Second quarter winner...


Do you see a trend?

Third quarter winner...


Yep, it was Ryan...AGAIN!!!!!!!!! He had to leave early to go to work so he wasn't present for his picture.

The big winner for the fourth quarter......


ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The game wasn't the best game ever...I even think Seahawk's fans would agree...but we still had a good time. It was a bit crazy in our house with a million children running around crazy...bit is an understatement. 

Here are two cuties that always have fun together. 
No matter how long it has been since they have seen each other...they pick up right where they left off. 
They really do love each other! 
Sweet Amy and Landry...this photo will be in their wedding slideshow!
#futurespouses


No comments:

Post a Comment