Thursday, July 29, 2010
So, the other night, after nursing him, he was laying with me and trying to find his thumb. He was victorious and boy was he excited about it. As usual, we are never really sure who is winning the battle...Landry...or the thumb. Here is a little video of it:
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Showing off his Tweety Bird band-aids that he got from his shots!
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
As you can see, I am working very hard to learn how to suck my thumb...I almost have it down! Here are some things I can do now:
1. Smile:I love to give mommy lots of smiles when she is changing my diaper...and whenever I feel like it...I don't like to be told when to smile, so you never know when I'm going to flash you some gum.
2. Hold my head up: I'm still working on this a bit but I am getting better each day. I love it when mommy and daddy hold me over their shoulder. I sit straight up...so much so that my Auntie Kaitlin says I look like a seal.
3. "Talk": I love to grunt, coo, cry, scream and make all kinds of noises. If mommy and daddy are talking to me I like to join in the conversation...and I ALWAYS have to have the last word.
4. Suck my thumb: I have been working very hard on learning how to get my thumb in my mouth. I don't really know why but sometimes it just shows up outta no where. When it does, I snatch it up in my mouth. I am really good at bringing my fist to my mouth...but that ol' thumb just hides from me.
5. Sleeping: This is one of mommy's favorites...sleeping through the night. I have been sleeping through the night for almost 3 weeks now. Don't worry though...every once in awhile I call an early morning meeting with mom. I think she really loves our early morning chats...she's just afraid to admit it.
Well, that's all I have for you this month. Mommy has been very busy taking lots of pictures. She and daddy love on me all day long. Everyone is always telling me how strong, handsome, and smart I am. Here is a picture that shows a bit of my determination to get that thumb of mine.
p.s. If you can't read it...my shirt says, "Lock up your daughters"...my Auntie Kaitlin got it for me. She is the best Auntie EVER!!!!!
Monday, July 5, 2010
Here are some pictures of our fun-filled day at our sweet friends' house.
Me and Landry starting the day with some pool time.
It isn't the 4th of July without some patriotic sweets...aka...mini strawberry pizzas!
Just another shot...I love the expression on Landry's face!
WARNING: The following is a perfect example of what NOT to do with fireworks! :o) You've gotta love the craziness of Jake, Brian and fireworks!