Monday, July 5, 2010

God Bless America!

Is there really any holiday better than 4th of July? In my opinion...no. I L-O-V-E the 4th of July. It has always been one of my favorite holidays...the fun, friends, food and fireworks...and 8 years ago it was made even better. For those of you that don't know, Chad and I went on our first "date" on 4th of July...8 years ago! The reason I say "date" is because it was actually a day long trip to Pismo...all orchestrated by his cousin Kelli. If you know Kelli, it makes perfect sense...for those of you that don't...yes, it was a bit crazy...and it wasn't until we were already on the road that I finally thought, "What am I going to do if I don't like this guy? This is going to be the LONGEST day ever." Well, I guess we know how it all turned out!
Here are some pictures of our fun-filled day at our sweet friends' house.

Me and Landry starting the day with some pool time.

It isn't the 4th of July without some patriotic sweets...aka...mini strawberry pizzas!

Our sweet family getting ready to watch the fireworks. If you are admiring the "bling" on my finger...yes, its a binkie...all the "cool" moms are sporting "Binkie Bling" these days! :o)
Just another shot...I love the expression on Landry's face!
Here are the fireworks...so you know...this picture was taken about half-way through "The Show"...needless to say, we had a TON of fireworks.
Landry watching the fireworks

The fireworks begin...


WARNING: The following is a perfect example of what NOT to do with fireworks! :o) You've gotta love the craziness of Jake, Brian and fireworks!
Jake: "Brian, make sure that your arms are WAY out there."
Brian: "Oh, don't worry...they are way out there."



The annual "Sparkler" picture
Chad singing "God Bless America" to Landry...as you can see...neither the loud noises, screaming kids, music, nor flashing lights could keep our little man awake.
Another 4th of July has come and gone... I am already looking forward to next year's celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment