Monday, February 17, 2014

Happy Birthday to Me!

Last Thursday was my birthday...and I have to say...it was one of the best! I'm not going to lie...I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with my birthday. I love birthdays and all that come with them...a day...that is supposed to be about you...right? Well, mine is the day before Valentine's Day...which means that a lot of the time the two get lumped into one. Not cool. Not cool at all. :)

This year was different. This year was full of sweet, little surprises...it is all about the little things. :) So, I decided to make a "Top 6" list. 
I know...six is kind of a random number...but it is my birthday, my post, and my list. Ha! :)

So...here are the Top 6 Ways you know that your birthday rocked:

6. Two are Better than One
...and when it comes to Starbucks Coffee...nothing gets better than having TWO coffees...except when they are two SURPRISE coffees! Don't you agree...surprise coffee is the best. Hands down!

5. Special Serenade
My day was already starting off great...with TWO SURPRISE coffees...but the surprises didn't stop there. As I walked out to the blacktop, to pick up my class, I was greeted with the most beautiful rendition of "Happy Birthday" from this cutie:
Sweet Payton was singing her little heart out...and I LOVED it. Really...what's not to love about Payton? I have known her since when she was about Landry's age and I had her older brother in class. 
Love this girl...and her family is pretty cool, too! :)

4. Who Do You Love? 
Since it was getting close to Valentine's Day, I asked my class to think about one person that they loved. They needed to give reasons why they loved this person and so on. I tried to guide them to write about their mom, dad, a sibling, grandparent, etc. Some of them made me chuckle...but this one, well, it literally brought tears to my eyes:


Here is what it says:

"There are many things I love about Mrs. Lofgren. First, she's very nice so she helps me. I love that she loves me. Next, she likes to take care of the class. We have fun in the classroom when we're doing math. Also she loves the class and me. She doesn't give us a lot of homework either. Finally, she is really funny. Mrs. Lofgren has a lot of words of how I love her!"

Seriously. Tears. I am so glad that this little one knows exactly how I feel about our class, her, and my job. It's also pretty cool that she thinks I'm funny! :)


3. Balloons 
I don't care how old you are...balloons on your birthday are amazing! I am so lucky to have a sweet friend that tried her hardest to surprise me with balloons...and she did. Chad, Landry, and I went out to dinner at Tahoe Joe's...one of my favs...yes, I like it better than Yo' Ranch...you can call me crazy...back to the point...when we got home Chad told me to check the porch. There I found these:


Big thanks to Erin for her super thoughtful surprise...and her determination...after driving all around town...to surprise me! Thank you, thank you, thank you...and I love you! :)

2. Did someone say PEDICURE? 
Imagine my surprise when one of my oldest and dearest friends, Sheri, called me and treated me to a surprise pedicure and coffee date.



Woohoo! It was so nice to sit, relax, have my feet pampered, and enjoy another Starbucks...we did this on Valentine's Day...I don't think I could handle THREE Starbucks in a single day. :) 
I think this will definitely be a birthday tradition for her and I.

You might be wondering...what could be better than all of that? Well...it is not necessarily better than all of that...but it certainly was a surprise. It says a lot when your hubby is willing to get you a date with another man. Ok...maybe DATE is a strong word...but we WILL be in the same arena. :)

1. Look who's going to see...

Tim...just so you know...I will be in section 106, row N, seat 10. 
I mean, just in case you wanna come see me. I give an awesome hug! :)

Seriously it was an awesome day and I felt loved all day long! There was so much more to the day than these six things and I want to thank everyone for making me feel so special and loved...it looks like 33 is going to be awesome. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment