Saturday, September 8, 2012

Fresno State Football!!!!

By now you should know about my love for Fresno State Football! Yes, it is a love. I really do love to tailgate, hang out, watch the people, watch a little bit of the game, watch a lot of the cheerleaders, eat junk food...well, you get the picture. Our group of friends get together and tailgate for all of the home games. I know, you might be thinking, "How cool...they have a tailgate pass." Nope. We don't. We are the people that, no joke, set up our tailgate at 2:00 in the afternoon for a 7:00 game. Why? Well, if you get there before the "parking lot patrol" you can park for free and set up shop for free. :o) Each year the set-up gets a little bit more elaborate. I'm so thankful that the guys don't mind that I am normally the only wife that comes...and I am slowly working on having us be completely color coordinated, table covers, cute plates, etc. I have to break them in slow so I don't get the boot. :o)
 
As you can see...Landry loves to tailgate, too! We have been bringing him since he was born. He was about 6 months old at his first tailgate...and I think it is safe to say that he is a pro at it now.

My nana got him his very own little blue chair that is perfect for the tailgate. When the guys were setting up the tv Landry pulled his chair right on over, climbed up, and munched on some yummy popcorn. Have I mentioned how much I love this little boy?

This time Landry got an extra special treat...he got to see "his baby," Amelia! If you remember, Landry first met Amelia about 2 months ago. He loved her then and he is still in love with her!
 
 
Right when Amelia...and her parents...got there he had to see "his baby." Yes, that is what he calls her...all the time...even at home. He will see a picture of her and say, "Dats my baby. Dats Amewia. I see my baby, Mommy?" Amelia slept for most of the tailgate and Landry checked on her every once in awhile to make sure she was ok. When she woke up he couldn't stay away!
 
 
He would rock her seat, try and get anything she might need, and gave her gentle pats. "Wook...baby's feet wight dere!"



Landry and Amelia at their first tailgate together!


After 5 hours of tailgating...it was game time!!!!

 
As you can see...it was a packed house. ;o)


 
Landry likes to spend most of the game walking up and down the row of seats. Thankfully there aren't very many people in our section so he has plenty of room to roam. This game he thought it was fun to run his hands along the benches as he walked. The end result...hands that look like this:

 
Right after I took this picture he looked at his hands and immediately started to cry.
"My hands aw dirty...my hands aw yucky!"
Thankfully I always have wipes on hand. :o)
 
Here's to another great season of fun, friends, food...oh... and football!!!!
 
***Fun Fact #1: Landry's hat is an adult size...yes, our child has a giant head!
***Fun Fact #2: Tailgating is my version of camping! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment