Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Baby Bump: 32/33 Weeks


Fruit comparison: Baby girl is the size of a jicama. Yup...doesn't everyone know how big that is? Since I will be 33 weeks tomorrow...she is or will be...the size of a pineapple.
Sick or fabulous: Still neither...a better description is tired and slightly "whale-like." Yes, I am getting winded pretty easily. I think the waddle has started. And there have been a few times when I have needed help getting up. Nothing like feeling like a turtle on it's back to make you feel super attractive.
Weight gain: So far 15 pounds. I am supposed to be gaining a pound a week...yippee. 
Yes, that should totally help with the "whale-like" feeling. :)
Cravings: Still haven't craved anything too crazy. The desire for bbq ribs did return...
unfortunately before the new Todd's BBQ opened...but I found a filler until that craving returns.
Looking forward to: Meeting our little girl! As we get closer to the end I am starting to get a bit impatient. I think the ever growing belly, increased Braxton Hicks contractions, fewer wardrobe options, increased trips to pee...or not pee, and the inability to lay on my stomach could be adding to my eagerness to have her here already. Add to it that I have my last day of work in sight...it all adds to the feeling of just wanting to be done already. :)
Due Date: Since I am talking about her arrival...it is exciting to know that we have the date for my c-section set. If she stays put...we will be meeting Baby Girl on March 5th!!!! Eeeek!!! I LOVE having a date set. Now I just hope that she is cooperative and stays put until then. ;)
Name Update: So the "name game" has been pretty interesting this time around. With Landry we had his name picked out before we even knew if we were having a boy or girl. This time choosing a name was a little but harder. Of course, Chad's friends...also my friends...gave us several suggestions...LaTonda, "L," and anything else that you could possibly add "La" to the beginning of. :) She already has the endearing nick-name of Lu-lu from one of our guy friends. One thing that has held things up is the fact that Chad has not wanted to decide on a name, "in case something better comes up." Those are his words. Plus, he has been enjoying the fact that it drives me absolutely insane to not have a name decided yet. So, I have just decided to call her by the name we have decided on for now. ;) Lexie Ann Lofgren will be joining our family before we know it. This is actually the first time I have written out her name...and I LOVE it. Eeeek!!! I have loved the name Lexie since I was in college...my boss had a daughter with the name, different spelling, and I just fell in love with it. Her middle name is from my mom. I really wanted both of our mom's names to be included in our children's names. Landry's middle name, Tigh, is Chad's mom's maiden name...and now our little girl will have the same middle name as my mom. 
Landry's thoughts: He is still so excited to be a big brother. He went with me on Monday to add to our registry and definitely had an opinion on what we should/shouldn't get for his little sister. I've said it before...and I'll say it again...he really is the sweetest about her. Here's to hoping it stays that way. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment