Sunday, January 4, 2015

Project Nursery: Inspiration

My number one goal during my Winter Break was to get the nursery going...possibly finished...if not, at least to the point where if Baby Girl decides to make an early arrival...she has a place to sleep. :)
With Landry, I had the nursery done months ahead of time...so I was feeling WAY behind.

First up...bring on the PINK!!!!

Landry was so excited to help paint his sister's room.


Well...until this happened!


Still not quite sure how it happened...but it did. Believe it or not that was the only mess he made. :)
Oh...and no...he doesn't drool mud...that is hot chocolate that he spilled on his shirt before the painting began. :)

I had been pinning some nursery ideas for awhile...even before I was pregnant...and most of them were of girl rooms. Once we found out we were having a girl it was time to narrow down the plethora of ideas I had collected. Here are the two nurseries that I kept being drawn too...yes...they are completely different styles. :)



I loved the bright colors of the first one...and the eclectic accents. Being that Landry's room is orange, periwinkle, lime green, and navy blue...you can probably guess that I am a fan of color. :)
I also loved the elegance of the second one...the canopy over the crib, the monogram, the pretty light fixture.
So...the hunt began for bedding that wasn't a million dollars, offered a lot of colors, and was girly without a theme. After searching all over the internet I found it!


It was on Pottery Barn...of course...and wasn't quite a million dollars...but almost. 
The real kicker...it had been discontinued!!!!
Just my luck!
So I searched e-bay...with no luck...
and decided to post it on a Facebook yardsale page...
hoping that someone might have one that they were willing to part with.
No joke...within about an hour a lady contacted me telling me she had one and would give it to me...for FREE!!!
I went ahead and added satin ribbon for the ties...because I love the big bows.


**Sorry about the lighting in the pictures...
I took these at night...with my phone...so the colors are a bit off.**

We already had a set of bedroom furniture...that was mine when I was little...so I decided to refinish those pieces instead of buying new. Two benefits of this...1. It is cheaper...duh and 2. I can get pieces that are exactly what I am looking for. An added bonus was that I had an excuse to experiment with chalk paint. :) I was so eager to get started that I didn't take any before pictures...but, to give you an idea, the pieces were black with pewter knobs. I painted her dresser a Tiffany blue color...to coordinate with the bumper...and added glass knobs. The knobs were an Amazon score...8 knobs for $12...yes, that is a really good price. :)


You might remember this chair from Landry's nursery...


Our dear friends gave it to us and I ended up upholstering it to look like this...


Well, I have taken off all of the upholstery, painted it the Tiffany Blue color, and am in the middle of recovering the cushions...to give it yet a different look. :)

Every girl has to have a chandelier...right? 
I bought this one years ago, with the intention of putting it in our master bedroom. 
Well, that never happened...so...I went ahead and painted it and now it is in her room...
and I LOVE it!


Along with a chandelier, you should know that this little girl is going to have just a "few" bows and flowers for her hair. I have seen a ton of ideas with ways to display and organize bows...but this one was my favorite!


On a recent trip to Hobby Lobby I found these two adorable bird cages that are perfect for her room. I absolutely love the one that looks like Cinderella's carriage. Now I need t get started and make some bows.


My mom got her this cute picture...


and then I found this one to match. 


Here are some other ideas I have found that I am hoping to make.
I thought this one was so cute...and simple.


And I love this quote...


and how cute is this?
I am most certain that I can recreate something 
similar for WAY less than the $47 price tag on Etsy.


I almost forgot about this cute idea for keeping all of the binkies in one place.


As you can see...a lot of progress has been made...but there is still a lot to still do.
I am feeling so much better just knowing that her crib is ready to go, walls are painted, and all that is left is finishing up the final touches...woohoo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment