Sunday, February 24, 2013

RAMS ROCK!

When I was little...like really little...one of my friends played soccer. Her mom told my mom to sign me up...that I would LOVE it. My mom was a bit hesitant but did it anyway. So, she took me to the first practice/game...and I lasted half of a game. Yup...not even the whole time. Half of a game. The story goes that I came off the field, put my hands on my hips and said, "I'm cold, I'm all dirty, and that girl over there just kicked me." From there my mom signed me up for dance and then gymnastics...and years later I tried out for cheer when I was in junior high...and cheerleading has been a part of my life ever since!I cheered all the way through junior high, high school and off and on in college.
 
Not only have I been on many teams but I have had the honor of coaching elementary squads for over 10 years! I have spent the last 8 years coaching at Riverview. Every Tuesday I spend my afternoons and evenings with the 4th, 5th, and 6th grade girls that have signed up to be a part of our program. Sure, there are many Tuesdays when I would love to just go home and be with my family...but there are many more that I cherish. I love the time I get to spend with the "older kids!" :o)
 
This past week we "wrapped" up our "season" with Spirit Night and the Clovis North Showdown. Here is a video of our competition squad's performance at Spirit Night.
 
 
Huge thanks to Kim for sharing the video with me. The girls did an amazing job. On Saturday they performed their hearts out at our competition. All of their hard work truly paid off...we earned first place in our division and took the overall high score!
 
 
Many of these girls were students of mine when they were 1st graders. It has been such a joy to watch them "grow-up" and to see them now as 5th and 6th graders.
 
One of these young ladies you may remember from our wedding day. Five years ago, this young lady was a tiny first grader...and the most precious flower girl!

 
Today she has become one of the finest young ladies I know! I cannot believe that she is going to be a 7th grader next year...how can that be?
 
 
I am so proud of her and feel so lucky to have gotten to know her and her family. Truth is, her family reminds me a lot of my family growing up! One more truth...in this picture I am thankfully wearing shoes with about a 4 inch wedge heel...otherwise she would be as tall as me! :o)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment