Sunday, April 27, 2014

Rodeo Round-up

If you live in Clovis then you should know that the last weekend in April means one thing...RODEO!
Even though I have lived in Clovis since 5th grade, I have only been to the rodeo twice. Every year I want to go and something comes up. I was sooooooo excited when one of my students gave me tickets this year!

The celebrations kicked off on Friday when Landry had a rodeo dress up day at preschool!


Saturday morning we woke up early and headed out to get a spot to watch the Rodeo Parade.
It was pretty gray and cloudy...and a bit chilly...but we still had fun!


Someone got a bit impatient waiting for it to start...


So he decided to make his own entertainment by dancing in the street...to no music!


Here's a little video of his "moves" :)


Once the parade started...he loved it...horses...




bands...the third boy from the left is one of my former students...so exciting to see so many of my former students and cheerleaders in the parade!


It was quite a long parade...like 2 1/2 hours long...and someone got a bit restless towards the end. :)


After the parade we went home for a bit, ate some lunch, grabbed Chad, and headed to the rodeo grounds!



We had a blast watching the bronco riding...


mutton bustin'...


team roping...



a trick team performance...


including some longhorns... 



tie down roping...


and barrel racing.


Landry LOVED watching all of the cowboys!



The grand finale...bull riding!



It ended up being a great day at the rodeo...the weather was PERFECT! 
Huge thanks, again to the Genco family for the tickets.
I am now hooked...and will be going every year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment