Sunday, April 27, 2014

Carter's 1st Birthday!

As usual...I have some catching up to do! :)
Don't act like you're surprised...
I think you would be completely caught off guard if I wasn't playing catch-up. 
The end of Spring Break was a bit busy and I just ran out of time...so here we go.

On the Saturday before Easter we celebrated Carter's 1st Birthday! 
In case you don't know, Carter is my friend Erin's son...Amy's brother. 
Honestly, I cannot believe this "little man" is already one. 
Where in the world did that year go?

Erin went with a "little man" theme...complete with mustaches, bow ties, and tons of cute details. The party was held at a neighborhood park...that is absolutely gorgeous. Add beautiful weather, cute kids, fun party decor, and barbecued hot dogs...tons of fun!

Here is the birthday banner...made by yours truly. :)



Erin had darling names for all of the food...you know how I'm a sucker for clever food names. :)




How cute are these? They are the silverware and napkins...all packaged like a bow tie!


There were a ton of different yard games for all of the kids...and adults...to play.


After the kids had eaten Erin had the cutest version of "Pin the Tail on the Donkey"...





This little girl proved to be the blindfolded champ...she got the bow-tie on perfectly!




There was even a super fun game for the adults! Erin printed off images of famous mustaches and you had to name the person they belonged to. I don't want to brag...but that was my prize for WINNING the mustache game. Yup...I get bragging rights for the rest of the year! :)


Soon it was time for CAKE!!!


How cute is that cake?




I cannot express how much I love this family!



These cupcakes were a hit, too!


Birthday boy and his beautiful mama!


You can't forget about Amy!


So, there comes an age where the birthday parties change. When all of the little ones discover the gifts...and gift opening becomes a bit chaotic...because they ALL want to help, unwrap, tell you what they got, and just kind of act crazy. Erin was so brave...in the craziness of kids with tissue paper, gift wrap, etc. Of course, being the good friend that I am, I stood out of the way...and took pictures of it...as I tried not to feel a bit panicked for her...surrounded by little munchkins. :)





Can you even find Erin and Carter?





The party was a huge success! It was a great afternoon, spent celebrating a very special "little man!"
You didn't think I would forget to get a picture of Amy and Landry did you?
I know I am biased...but these two are so stinkin' cute together! Their friendship is already so sweet and special. Clearly I have trained him well...he's already giving his girl a ride. :)
And she already has a tight hold on him! :)


Just another picture to go in the future wedding montage! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment