Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Fiesta de Landry!

As you know, our little man turned 3 years old on Monday! We couldn't let a birthday go by without a party...I was supposed to...that was my intention...small, family dinner is what I kept telling myself. Simple dinner. Small. Nothing fancy. Just a dinner, a cake, and a few presents.

Yup...that's what I said...but what I did...well...maybe not so simple. :) Here's my problem...I get these ideas and I just "have" to run with them. Really. I do. If not I kind of drive myself crazy. So, when we knew that Chad's parents were coming down...and other relatives were asking about when the party was going to be...which on a side note is so extremely flattering as a parent...people waiting to hear about when they get to celebrate your little one...nothing feels better...I knew that I wanted to do his party on Cinco de Mayo.

In the middle of dinner one night, an idea struck...and I was so excited about it I could hardly finish my dinner...actually, I'm not sure that I did. I had to run and get the sombrero...here is the result:

I just e-mailed that ADORABLE pic to our closest family members...even though I was super tempted to do invites...did I mention that this was all decided about 2 weeks before his birthday. For normal people this would be plenty of time. Not me...no joke, I started planning his 1st birthday party in September...and his 2nd birthday in November. Told you. I'm crazy. :) I also have to add that I am so thankful that I have a child who is always game for my shenanigans. :)
 
Party day came...and the house became a fiesta!


 
Simple tissue flowers and a green 3 added some fun to the dinning area...green is Landry's favorite color for the moment.

 
Banner for the birthday boy!

 
Fun Mexican banners definitely added a festive feel to the kitchen...and patio, too!

 
Mini sombrero garland on the fire place

 
When I asked Landry what kind of cake he wanted he said, "green." Green...really? Then I asked if he wanted anything else on it..."candy...M&Ms...and lots of fire." Clearly I am not a cake decorator but  I have to say that I think it turned out pretty cute. I also have to add that there is one orange M&M that was put on backwards...so you can see the logo...and it is driving me crazy. :)

 
Who is this cute boy...waiting for the party to get started?

 
We had to take a picture in front of the chalkboard...which is becoming one of my favorite holiday/party decor areas. Handsome is showing us how to do "free" fingers.
 
 
"I'm free now, Mommy...I all growed up now!"

 
I've got good news...and bad news...I'll start with the bad...my food pictures are not so hot. Like. At all. Sorry...everything looked much yummier and more festive in person.
 
Now the good news...you know one of my favorite parts of a party is naming my food. Really...it is like a fun game I play with myself. It really does bring me so much joy. Told you. I have issues! :)
 
Back to the food...I did a taco bar with all of the fixings!
 
 
If you didn't know...you can "google" any word and it will give you the Spanish version. I took 3 years of Spanish in high school and remembered most of them...but there were some I had to "Google!"






 
After dinner...it was time for some "fire" - a.k.a. candles, singing, and cake!


 
Landry really didn't want us to sing to him...at his 2nd birthday he actually cried when everyone sang...but we told him that if he wanted cake and "fire"...we had to sing.


 
Hope he made a big wish!

 
 As you can see...he asked for green cake...and he got it!
 



 
We had just one little slice left...
 

 
Oh...and a whole other cake! I was worried that the round cake wouldn't be big enough so I made a whole other cake...just in case.

 
After cake it was present time!
 
 
He was a very slow, meticulous, gift opener...should we have expected anything else?

 
He loved everything and was so excited abouth every gift, card, package, everything...except...this...

 
This was a really cute card that Grand Papa got him...Poppie actually picked it out...and Landry HATED it. The minute he opened it and saw the little boy covered in cake he went silent, got a very serious look of his face, studied the picture carefully, and then told me to make it go away. It was so funny...to us of course...that he was so upset by the fact that the little boy had cake all over him. He kept telling us, "Dats not me. I don't do dat. Dat card needs to get outta here." So, we have hidden the card.
 
 We had so much fun with our close family and are so thankful to have such an amazing support group that loves our little man just as much as we do! Nights like this remind you of what really matters in life and the things that should be our priorities!
 
Here is the birthday boy with Gary and Mary (Chad's aunt and uncle)
 
G.G., Ladry, and Poppie (Chad's parents)
 
 Landry and Grand Papa...Grand Papa always makes this funny face at Landry and Landry loves to make it back...I just LOVE this picture!
 
 Grand Papa is Chad's grandfather
 
 Landry and Auntie KK
 
 Nawnie, Landry, and Papa...my parents
 
Speaking of Nawnie and Papa...they got Landry all kinds of gear for his t-ball games this summer. Yes, we signed him up for t-ball. 3 year olds playing t-ball...this oughta be fun! :)
 
After everyone went home Landry put on his batting helmet...
 


Put on his mitt...and we started to work on fielding grounders!
 
Once again, we had a wonderful time and feel so blessed to have an absolutely amazing family that loves our little man so much. Not only do we have an awesome family...we also have some pretty amazing friends. Check out this picture Landry got...wishing him a Feliz Cumpleanos!
 
 
Thank you Frank and Davis...Landry loved it! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment