Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Stand-off!

So, our Saturday morning started with The Stand-off of 2012. Yup, you read that right...a stand-off. It all started with this:

Handsome decided to take an entire box of cards and throw them all around the living room. When it came time to clean them up...this is what happened:

There were lots of tears...lots of "negotiating"...a time out...more tears...more negotiating...a diaper change...still more tears...and more negotiating.

 We had to pull out the "big guns" and hold the vacuums as ransom.

Oh yeah...and his pants...

 if you don't know...Handsome is EXTREMELY modest and HATES to not have an item of clothing on...so I thought...what better way to get him to clean up his mess than to hold his pants ransom after his diaper change...this is the result:

He still wasn't willing to budge...neither was I...and so... the stand off continued...for 90 minutes! Yup...90 minutes...that's right...1 hour and 30 minutes...lots of tears...a time-out...a diaper change...negotitations...ransom...and the result...this:

After 90 long minutes...the cards were picked up!

I'm not going to lie...it felt really good to win the stand-off. No, I don't regret holding the vacuums...or his pants hostage. No, I am not going to apologize for taking pictures of this so that it is documented forever. 90 minutes is a small price to pay for a little one who will learn that if he makes a mess...he WILL clean it up. Oh, and yes, I am the mom...and I will win! :o)

1 comment:

  1. OMG! Hooray for you, Sweetie -- I am just so glad I didn't have to watch the standoff (my resolve would SO have melted and I couldn't have stood my ground!) Guess that's why I'm the GG :o) He WILL be better off for the lesson, I'm sure! Hugs & kisses to all three of you OXOXO

    ReplyDelete