Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Fun and Easy Christmas Gift

SPOILER ALERT!
If you are a parent helper in my classroom...you may want to stop reading. This post is about the gift you will be receiving in appreciation for all of your hard work! :o)
Now, back to business! I am sure that many of you are like me and you have quite a list of friends, family, co-workers, etc. that you would like to acknowledge during the holidays. If you are also like me, then you may find yourself on a very tight budget. Well, here is a simple, fun, and cute idea for you!

I know it is kind of hard to see what is in the bag...a set of measuring cups!

Here is what you need:
measuring cups - I found mine at Dollar Tree
cellophane bags
gift shred
ribbon
cardstock for the tag
button - strictly optional
glue dots - or any kind of glue

Since I have 15 parent helpers in my classroom, I was looking for a gift that would be useful, cute, and of course...budget friendly. So, I took a trip to the Dollar Tree and found these adorable, red, Betty Crocker measuring cups. Everything else I already had at home.

I put the cups in the bag, added some shred for a bit of pizazz, and tied the bow on. Then I printed some little cards that read, "No one could ever "measure up" to you...thank you for all of your help." I used glue dots to attach the card to the bag and the button to the card. If you don't have glue dots, you can easily use any other kind of glue or hot glue...I just think the dots are easier and less messy.

Here is another picture for you:

Like I said, these are super easy, fun, cute, and most importantly...very budget friendly. Since I already had the rest of the materials at home these only cost me $1 a piece!!!! These would also be great as a favor at a bridal shower, gifts for friends, neighbors, co-workers, anyone.

1 comment:

  1. Kristin, this is an absolutely fabulous idea! I know how it is when you have "numerous" people to acknowledge, thank, etc. Where were you when I needed all your great ideas? Oh, yeah . . . you weren't born yet. You're WAY better than Martha :o) Love Ya, GG

    ReplyDelete