Friday, July 3, 2015

Red, White, and...Cute?

I have blogged many times before
about how there are so many times
in motherhood that you have something fabulous
planned in your head...and when it plays out...
well, let's just say it is less than fabulous. :)


Today I experienced one of those.
There is a cute little building in Downtown Clovis
that has a giant American flag painted on the side.
So...I got the munchkins in their festive wear,
loaded them in the car, along with a cute little wagon prop,
patriotic sunglasses (thank you Target $ Spot), bribed the
oldest munchkin with frozen yogurt, headed out, to find...


Yup.
A car. Parked in front of said flag wall!
Really?
Yup.
And no...that isn't some "fancy" camera filter...
just a VERY dirty windshield. :)

So, being the mom/person that I am,
I was NOT going to let this Honda Civic ruin my plan.
The above mentioned building also has a
red, white, and blue rustic door.
New plan.


Cue the cute munchkins.
Hmmm...my "vision" did not include a
hunched over darling and a cheesy smiling...
if we will call it that...
five year old.

Take two... 


Even more hunched baby...
and even less of a natural smiling five year old.
Could it have been the fact that it felt like we were standing on the sun?
But remember...
I bribed him with frozen yogurt...
so there wasn't a single complaint. :)

Then there was this...


I mean...really?


Since the wagon didn't work,
I thought...let's try them just sitting...


Well...I got one child looking at me...
with freakishly long looking legs...
scrunched up face...
 (but not a complaint...remember the yogurt)
and a super cute baby...
trying to eat her thumb.

But I wouldn't give up...


I kept trying...
with no success...


And then this guy...


He really does kill me!
I was calling it a wrap and decided that
I wanted to try and get a shot of just him.
Here's his pose!


Love him!!!
He is always up for my shenanigans...
especially when frozen yogurt is involved. :)

So...I tried.
As you can see...I will NOT be giving up 
teaching for photography anytime soon...
but I will continue to bribe my children for the chance at getting
some super cute, over the top, festive, thematic pictures. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment