Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Snip, Snip!

This morning Landry got his first "official" hair cut! Yup, you read that right...he will be 3 in May...and is just now getting his first hair cut. :) Honestly, I have only trimmed his hair 3 times. I had heard a lot of great things about a new kids' place in town called...
 
People have been raving about it...so I figured we'd give it a try. I anticipated there to be a lot of tears so I thought we should go somewhere that had experience with small, crying children. I didn't make an appointment...and didn't think that they would be that busy...I was wrong. There were about 6 children in line ahead of us when we got there. Luckily they had a play area...and...let's not forget that Landry is not one to dive right into something new. The wait ended up totally working in our favor because he was able to check everything out, watch other kids get their hair cut, and get comfortable with the situation. He quickly discovered that this place was his own version of paradise! Yup...it was a place FULL of hair dryers and vacuums...his two favorite things!!!!
 
Here is my brave little man...all ready for a hair cut!
He chose to sit in the police car...that Lofgren/Tigh law enforcement blood is obviously in him. :)

 
He wasn't very happy about wearing the smock but I quickly showed him that it had Buzz Lightyear and Woody on it...so he was good!


One more reason why it was paradise...Finding Nemo was playing on the t.v. If you don't know this, we have watched Finding Nemo 967,587 times at our house...it is one of his favs!
 
He sat still the entire time, didn't cry, and wasn't even afraid of the razor!

 
Look at how handsome he is now!

 
As a "reward" they have a police car ride that the kids can ride after their hair cut. I wish I would have been able to get a shot of him when it first started moving. There was definitely a moment of panic...but then it was all smiles.

 
Here is a closer look at my handsome boy! How in the world is it possible that he is almost 3 years old?
 

1 comment:

  1. No tears the whole time? He's growing up so dang fast. He looks like such an adorable little big man. And what a fabulous concept for a children's salon! I love it when you have a school break and you and Landry get to have such fun together. Hugs & kisses all around. Love, GG & Poppie

    ReplyDelete