Wednesday, May 6, 2020

T E N

Ten years old.
I'm not sure how it went by so fast.
But here we are,
celebrating your 10th birthday!

Sadly we aren't at the beach...
your favorite place to celebrate...
but that doesn't mean we aren't
still going to honor you!


As I think back over this past year,
I am pretty sure you have grown more
this last year than any other year...
well...except for maybe your first. ;)


This past year you discovered a love
of the water park...


an almost love of amusement park rides...


and I think...found a few new activities to enjoy.

To be totally honest...
I have always worried a bit about you.
You have always been quiet, cautious,
an over-thinker, tender hearted, and unsure of yourself.
This was your year to blossom!
You started 4th grade strong...
and we could not be more proud
of how much you have grown!


Yes, I MADE you sign up for cross-country.
I know you will never let me forget it. ;)
However, you did so well!



You completely blew my mind when you
decided to run for student council.
You wrote your own speech...


Made your own poster...
and did such a great job!


You didn't win the election...
but it didn't stop you!


You are the best big brother around!



And there is no doubt that you are my favorite boy on the planet!



Your love for your family is so sweet to see.


Not only are you kind...you are also pretty smart, too. ;)



Just another "first" from this year...
oral interp!

You worked hard,
learned the lines,
the motions,
and rocked it on stage!
You were so very proud of yourself...
and have already been talking about next year. ;)


You were so excited to be a part of the stage crew
for drama...
and I know you were so 
disappointed when the production was
cancelled due to COVID-19.


You have been rocking the distance learning life.
Setting your alarm.
Waking up early to get your work done.
Because...in your words...
"the sooner I get it done, the sooner I can play." :)


Little did I know,
when I snapped this picture outside your classroom,
after Academic Showcase,
that this would be your
"Last Day of Fourth Grade" picture.


Even though the year came to an abrupt halt...
that doesn't take away from the fact that we are
so proud of you and all you have done this past year.


You are the one who made me a mom.
The one who changed my world in so many amazing ways.
Yes...there are many times I watch you
and just shake my head...
because we are so different in many ways...
yet...
every once in awhile...
you really are a "mini-me." ;)


We love you more than you will ever know!
We cannot wait to see how you change the world.

Happy TENTH Birthday, Handsome!







No comments:

Post a Comment