Saturday, December 29, 2018

Maui'd for 10:::Maui Brewing Co. and Anniversary Dinner


 So...I have this thing where when I start something,
I have to finish.
Even if it is a series of blog posts
from a vacation in June...
and it is now December. ;)

So, let's travel back in time a bit...
to one of our final days in Maui.
When we were planning our trip we didn't
want to book a ton of things ahead of time...
we wanted to kind of just "go with the flow"
and be able to relax.
You know what a struggle this was for me. Ha!

After our day of adventure on the Rad to Hana,
we had no plans for the next day.
I secretly wanted to head out and find some sea turtles
to swim with...but Chad had a different idea.
Since I had planned everything to this point,
I went with it...
plus it was our actual 10 year anniversary...
so I figured I should follow his lead. ;)

I'm not going to lie...I was already dressed
and ready to find turtles when he said he wanted to
go to a local brewery.
I wasn't super excited...
but it ended up being an awesome day.

Chad had done all of the research on this one...
so we hopped in the car, and headed out
to the Maui Brewing Company.


We booked our brewery tour and enjoyed
a beer while we waited.
Any guesses on who's is who?


The brewery is on top of a hill...in an industrial area.
The view is amazing...and the breeze was very much appreciated.
Safety first of course...for the tour.


We were lead through the brewery and the entire process was
explained to use of how they brew.
I had no idea what all went into brewing beer...
and honestly, I couldn't really tell you much of what
I "learned." Ha!
But...here is some cool brewery machinery! ;)



One thing the brewery prides themselves on
is being very "green" and reusing/recycling their own "waste."


After the tour...it was time to taste some beer!


I would say the tasting portions were generous...
and in total honesty...left me a bit tipsy. ;)
The brewery also has a restaurant...
with this amazing view!



So, we decided to hang out a bit and
enjoy the best tater tots and nachos!


The entire place has such a neat industrial feel to it!


After a fun outing we came back to the condo
and relaxed before heading out to a "special" dinner.

After some research and asking for recommendations,
we decided to make reservations at
Fleetwood's on Front Street in Lahaina.


They have a beautiful rooftop dining option where you can enjoy
dinner, drinks, watch the sunset, and listen to live music.
Our dinner was amazing and we got to visit
with two couples who were seated near us.
They were about the age of our parents and were so cute!
When they found out we were celebrating our
10 year anniversary one of the gentlemen
insisted on getting our picture.
Love!


10 years doesn't look too bad on us!
A week without kids and responsibilities helps, too. ;)


The sunset did not disappoint.
I wish I could have gotten a better picture...
without the power lines...
and one of all of the women who were
trying to get the "perfect" shot while their
 significant others just sat and watched!


This is one of my FAVORITE pics
of the entire trip.
Just us.
A beautiful sunset.
Love!


Since we like to celebrate in big ways...
we made a stop at yet another ABC store...


and I reached the status of GOLD MEMBER!
Don't be jealous!
This exclusive status earned me the reusable bag.
Hahahahaha!!!!


Oh Maui...how we loved our time there...and dream of going
back some day. Next post...our last day on the island...
ziplining, snow cones, and SEA TURTLES!!!



2 comments:

  1. I am totally going back and reading posts that I missed! :) We also went to Maui for our 10 year and did the brewery tour. We do love a good brewery though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun! It was such a great trip. Fun, relaxing, and just what we needed. I absolutely loved the brewery.It was in such a random spot, but the view was unbelievable! I so want to go back.❤️

    ReplyDelete