Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Baby Bump: 24/25 weeks


So...I have fallen a bit behind on my bump updates. This picture was taken at week 24...but now I am 25 weeks along...so this is a bit of combination post. :)

Fruit comparison: Baby girl is the size of a cantaloupe.
Boy or girl: Still a girl! :) Yesterday I had my first appointment with my actual doctor since our ultra-sound. I asked him if there was any chance that something could have been hiding, or if it looked pretty clear to be a girl. His words were: "Definitely a girl...no doubt." So, if it ends up being a boy...well...I guess it is a boy. ;)
Sick or fabulous: I think that it is safe to say that the nauseous feeling is gone. The exception is that this little girls is so incredibly active that she has actually made me nauseous on occasion.  She is CRAZY active!
Weight gain: As of my appointment yesterday, 8 pounds.
Cravings: Still sweets...and pizza...and what happens to strike my fancy. I may be known to stop by the donut shop on a weekly basis. It doesn't help that it is right by Landry's preschool. ;) 
I have a coworker who has expressed his "concern" over my sweet tooth...I think that since I have only gained 8 pounds...I am doing ok. :)
Looking forward to: Getting the nursery started...and finished. Yes, the nesting has kicked in full swing. I have been working on getting the room cleaned out and have been repainting furniture. I cannot wait to see some progress.
Other updates: We still do not have a final decision on her name. I have my name...and Landry loves it, Chad says he likes it...but he doesn't want to commit to a name yet...since another name could come up before she is born. :) I just scheduled the rest of my prenatal appointments...which there are only eight left. It is so crazy to think that after 8 appointments our little girl will be here!
Landry's thoughts: He continues to ask when it is time to, "cut my belly open and get the baby out." Lovely...I know. Just as lovely, the other night he asked if his sister might see the crack and just crawl out herself. I am assuming that by crack, he means my scar. Oh, if I only knew what was going on in that mind of his...or maybe I don't want to know. He is also starting to get a bit concerned about how big my belly is getting. I keep trying to tell him that it is only going to get bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment