Sunday, August 17, 2014

Baby Bump #2

So, if you follow me on Facebook then you know that we shared some exciting news a few weeks ago!

Yup, we are going to be a family of FOUR!!!
Baby is due March 11...but a c-section will probably be scheduled for the week before.

We are all very excited and can't wait to meet the newest member of the family...
but I think the person that might be the most excited is Landry. 
To say that he is thrilled is an understatement! He has been asking for a baby for at least a year now. 
One day he even came up to me, lifted my shirt, pointed to my belly and told me, 
"Mommy...I just want a baby in that belly."
Here is a video I took when we told Landry...not gonna lie...it melts my heart! :)


On Friday we had our first ultrasound and got to take a peek at our little one. 
The ultrasound tech joked that the baby loved the camera. Here it is, facing the camera, waving at us. :)



This pregnancy has definitely been a lot different than the first one. I have been a lot more nauseous and just not feeling so swell. The last week has been much better...thankfully! The nights have been the hardest and when I feel the worst. For the first 8 weeks or so the thought of making dinner, eating dinner, and any kind of meat or chicken would just about do me in. I pretty much survived on carbs and dairy...good thing I'm not on a gluten-free or paleo diet. ;) The past week or so has been much better...and the past two days I have been craving bbq. Who wants to get some ribs? :)

Another thing that has been different is that I am showing MUCH sooner than last time. 
I am 10 weeks along and already have a little bump. 
Proud Big Brother had to get in the picture!


In looking back at my blog posts from my last pregnancy I realized that I didn't take nearly as many belly pics as I thought. So, my goal is to take more this time...you've been warned. :)


Then he wanted to take his own "belly shot!"


I mentioned a little bit about how proud Landry is. I know that he is going to be the best big brother. He talks to the baby all the time and is always telling us things that he can do now that he is a big brother. ;) He is pretty set on the idea that the baby is a girl and asks when his baby sister is going to be born. We keep trying to tell him that the baby could be a boy. He likes to correct us and tell us that it is going to be a girl. 
So fingers crossed. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment