Monday, January 18, 2010

Operation Nursery: Wall Art

Well, it has been awhile since I have updated you on the nursery. Obviously, my vacation ended and it was back to work for me. So, unfortunately I haven't had the amount of time to focus on the nursery...but don't worry...I find the time to get a few things done! :o)
My latest accomplishment was creating some wall art for Landry's wall, above his changing table. It was super simple, inexpensive and I love the results.
I must confess that this project was a bit frustrating for awhile. I knew that I wanted to use the fabrics from Landry's bedding to mimic the squares on his wall. I also really wanted to add words of inspiration...here was my dilemma...what should the art say?
I wanted the words to represent my hopes and dreams for this little man that we are bringing into the world but at the same time I wanted them to be well suited for a little boy's room...a room that my little man is going to spend a lot of time in. So, of course I asked Chad for his input. Oh how I love my husband...he cracks me up...his response, "Can't you put on there, 'graduate high school, graduate college, and get a job'?" Let me just say that he was DEAD serious. Although these are great goals...and definitely things that I know our son will accomplish, I was looking for words that were a bit more whimsical without being "girlie." So, here is what I decided on:






Hopefully they will represent all of the things that I hope my little man experiences in his life. Like I said earlier, the project was very simple. I bought artist canvases from Michael's. Then I covered them in the fabric from his bedding using my handy-dandy staple gun. Next I took some satin ribbon and stapled it on as well. Finally I glued on the chipboard letters that I bought at Michael's. Voila!

2 comments:

  1. I love it!!!! And totally manly...in case your husband is wondering...

    I love the "discover"! I think that fits almost every little boy I've ever met, including my own, to a 'T'.

    ReplyDelete